body

Thank Bananas it's Friday



Bananas about Bananas


I wasn't feeling too hot last Friday.  I either had a cold bug or I had done too much again and run myself down.  Either way even my favourite blog post on Banana's couldn't pep me up.

So this Friday I'm thankful it's not last Friday......





Wholemeal Banana & sultana scones

First Experiment:


It's Scone time again.....

With my varied shifts I don't really have a normal eating pattern.  So I like to start my day with a healthy breakfast.  While my Porridge is cooking slowly on the hob, I have a mug of peppermint tea and a scone.

I made these using my Basic Soda Bread Scone Recipe .  I adjusted the recipe by using half white flour and half wholemeal flour.  I added 1 large mashed banana into a jug, then topped with soya milk till it measured 200ml.  Finally I mixed in 2 oz of Sultana's.  

These are great for breakfast, as they are filling and tasty.  They also make a great snack for travelling to and from work.  Though I do get funny looks on the bus...........   



Second Experiment:




Banana Mustard Sauce


I was describing how I came up with this recipe to a friend, and she said I reminded her of someone......Letitia Cropley from the Vicar of Dibley who was known for her peculiar cooking habits.  




Not really sure it was a compliment but I'm taking it as one.  What can I say I had planned to mix some mayonnaise with wholegrain mustard to make a sauce for my pasta salad.  Then I noticed the ripe banana that was in my fruit bowl.  Next thing I knew I was mixing them both together.

What do you know it worked!!!!  The sweetness of the creamy mashed banana worked well against the spicy whole grain mustard.  Probably one of my more bizarre cooking experiments but I loved it.  Even better it's completely dairy free and counts towards my 1 of 5 a day fruit and veg.    


Banana Mustard Recipe

1 large banana - mashed
1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard 

Take both ingredients and mix them both together, then chill in the fridge.  

You can use this as a dip for tortilla chips or stir into a pasta salad.  


Iv only 2 more months to go till the End of my year long Banana Project. Which My family and friends are pleased about, as they have seriously overdosed on Bananas and refuse to eat any more of my experiments.  

I need to start thinking about a new project for next year xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding