body

10 Healthy treats - Dairy free


Oatmeal and raisin cookies


I'm a comfort eater, whenever I was upset or depressed I would eat.  Im 5ft 2in and at my heaviest I weighed 13 1/2 stone.  

I'm now a healthy 9 1/2 stone, a weight that makes my IBS much easier to control.  I tried dieting for years and none worked.  Over ten years ago I was diagnosed with depression and was lucky enough to get a great counsellor.  

It wasn't till after I started the counselling that the light bulb went off in my head, and switching to healthy eating became easier.  I realised that since I didn't feel good about myself inside, this reflected on my weight on the outside.

One of the things that helped me then was snacking on fresh fruit, it filled me up and was a wonderfully sweet treat.  

As my IBS gets worse the older I get and with sugar one of the foods I can not really eat a lot of, healthy snacks are just as important to me now.  




 



Raw fruit, seed & nut truffles

I've attempted to find as many healthy sweet treats as I could. 

 Main Criteria: 

- Easy to make, 
- Not need a lot of extra kitchen tools.
- Dairy free



1.  Raw Truffles


 Raw Fruit & Nut truffles

 Trio of Truffle Recipes - Gingerbread crunch, Pecan Pie, Dark Chocolate Peppermint patties

 Raw Coconut Date truffles


 Raw Vegan Peanut butter & Oat truffles




2.  Chocolate Coated.....



chocolate-clusters Recipe
Health.com

Chocolate Covered Dried Fruit

Chocolate Covered Dates

Chocolate fruit & nut clusters



3. Fresh Fruit



Chocolate-Covered Bananas
martha stewart.com


Michel Roux Chocolate Covered Fruit

Chocolate Covered Banana pops



4. Bars & Squares


raw candy.wordpress.com


Raw Date Squares



5.  Raw Chocolate





the rawtarian.com 



Raw Chocolate 

Raw Chocolate Fudge - Use Agave Nectar to make this recipe vegan.  
6. Sauces


Rawified.blogspot.com

Raw Hot Fudge Sauce


Raw Caramel Sauce

Healthy Chocolate Sauce



7. Raw Cookie's


img 0475 thumb1   Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh she glows.com


5 min Raw Oatmeal Cookies

Raw Chocolate chip cookies


Raw Lemon Icebox cookie


8. Crunchy



Popcorn



Popcorn

Dark chocolate Covered Popcorn


9. Fudge

Healthy chocolate fudge

Healthy Chocolate Mint fudge



10. Frozen Treats


Picture of Fruit Ice Pops Recipe
Food network.com

Quick soft serve Banana Ice cream

Cut bananas into pieces and freeze overnight

Remove and place into a blender, add 1 tsp Cocoa Powder 
Blitz together to make your soft serve ice cream.  


Frozen Banana pops

Amend the above Martha Stewart's Chocolate covered banana pops, to make them a frozen ice pop.

Place the lolly pops into diced banana and freeze overnight.  

Melt your dairy free chocolate and leave to cool slightly.  Then using the lollipop sticks dip in your bananas to cover in chocolate.  

Then quickly roll in chopped nuts or desiccated coconut.  Transfer back the the freezer to set.  

Fresh Fruit Ice pops


We all need a treat now and again  xxx

Comments

  1. The worse culprits being Dairy, yeast, high sugar and fat. Iv also had to give up eating meat and poultry. Not sure what that makes me, nearest I can get is a vegan who still eats fish and eggs!healthy ice pops

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding