body

Thank Bananas it's Friday


Thank Bananas It's Friday.......


Because It's been a really busy this week at work, so I'm glad I am not working this weekend.  I am extra thankful that even though it was busy this week I refused to let myself get stressed,  especially since I have an anxiety disorder.  

I was just pretty shell shocked that I coped.......  I think it's because I have a more realistic view on work and life.  

Roasted Banana Ice cream 


First Recipe:

Autumn is setting in here in Scotland, I felt the familiar sharp bite of cold in air this week.   Determined to enjoy the last few sunny days this year, I decided to make Ice cream.  

Last time I used really ripe bananas, in a basic vegan ice cream recipe.  However Iv been wanting to make this Roasted Banana Ice cream recipe I found on Brown Eyed Baker  for a while. It's was easy to make dairy free by using non dairy milk for the base.  

Roasting the banana's in brown sugar gave the ice cream a lovely caramel taste. Caramel and banana, what's not to love!!!!

Homemade ice cream is made without stabiliser, so you can not scoop it straight from the freezer.  I like to keep it in the fridge for 30 mins, before eating as It just makes it easier to scoop.   It's worth the little bit of extra effort to avoid nasty hidden e-numbers.  







Second Recipe:

Steamed Banana Pudding
- Ugly stodgy & really tasty

From ice cream to the other end of the spectrum, a traditional stodgy steamed pudding.  Great stick to your ribs recipe for warming your bones on a cold day.


I used my stove top steamer, which only really fits 2 ramekins.  I don't really have a larger one dish that would fit, so had to make 2 mini's instead.  

Nothing really went to plan as cake batter basically doubled in size, once cooked. IT also did not come out of the ramekin that well, so looked kind of ugly. 

 There was no way I could eat a main meal and still have this for dessert.  So I basically just had dessert for dinner.  One of my ultimate indulgent pleasures.  Since alcohol and sweets are off the menu, having dessert for dinner is what I do when " Iv had a bad day" .  

It tasted really great, I had the other one for breakfast the next day.  Really need to work on the presentation though, however this recipe is definitely a keeper.  

I wonder if hot banana steamed pudding, would go with roasted banana ice cream mmmmm






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding