body

Thank Banana's its Friday



Last Friday I attended a job Interview, got a phone call this Tuesday offering me the job.  Which I start Tuesday next week.  So Iv got a lot to be thankful this Friday.

So I'm in extra Thank Banana's its Friday mood today xxx



Banana Pancakes 
- Vegan

Pancakes was one of those recipes that I thought just wouldn't work without using eggs.  I'm a curious person so I decided to find out for myself.   You can make scones without eggs, so why not pancakes.  

It works, the finished result was an incredibly light and fluffy banana pancake.  I  like to keep my pancakes in a clean tea towel, when I'm cooking up batches of them.  It keeps them lovely and warm.  

I Simply spread the warm pancakes with vegan butter mmmm They tasted great.  This has got to be one of my favourite new recipes.

There even better the next day toasted.  


Vegan Banana Pancakes

1 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Soya Milk
1/4 Cup Soda water or use 3/4 Cup Dairy free milk
1 ripe banana mashed
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Heat a frying pan with a little oil on a medium heat

Mix the mashed banana, oil, milk and sugar together in a bowl or jug.  Then add the flour and baking powder.

Whisk together well,    spoon tablespoons of batter into the frying pan.  Wait till bubbles start to form and burst in the cake batter then turn over.  

Keep cooked pancakes warm in a clean tea towel, and continue making more till all the batter has been used.



Chocolate Banana Muffins

I wasn't really a big chocolate cake fan till I tried this recipe  for Vegan Chocolate Banana cake 

I prefer to make cupcakes or muffins rather than bake a whole cake.  It's just easier to portion and creates an ideal portable snack I can eat on the go. 

I decided against making the butter cream. Instead I sprinkled dairy free chocolate chips over the scooped batter, before baking.  This recipe makes a lovely fruity tasting chocolate muffin.  Would definitely recommend you try this recipe.




Banana Tofu mousse

I had some tofu left so decided what the heck, why not try and make a banana mousse.  Tofu is great it gives a wonderful creamy texture, while being flavourless.  Making it an ideal dairy free substitute.  

Winging it didn't really work, as I forgot that raw pureed banana turns brown.  It tasted great, looks not so much.  I found this Tofu banana mousse recipe, that's similar to mine expect they cook the banana first.    

If like me you don't have a microwave,  just roast the whole banana skin and all in your oven for 20 Min's.  Before mixing with the tofu.


Here ends this weeks banana recipe Odyssey xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding