body

Chocolate chip, banana & peanut flapjacks


Necessity is the mother of invention


I'm still attempting to use up the baking/cooking ingredients I bought to use at Christmas.  I avoid wasting food as much as possible.  One of my favourite ways of doing this, is to turn them into something else.   Hence the invention of my Chocolate Chip, Banana & Peanut butter Flapjacks. 
It wasn't till last year that I discovered dairy free Chocolate, which was great.  However it's been so long since I had any other chocolate apart from the drinkable variety, that Iv kind of lost my taste for it.  I'd originally bought them to bake cookies for my Niece who is also lactose intolerant.  So I was looking for a recipe to use them up.
They work great in this recipe because they compliment the other flavours, instead of overshadowing them.  I love both Banana's and peanut butter, so what could be better than putting the two of them together.

The recipe title might be a mouthful to say, but it's a tasty mouthful.  It's also a really easy and quick recipe to make.   The recipe will make 6 large or 12 small Flapjacks.  Best of all it's totally dairy free....

Chocolate chip, Banana & peanut Flapjacks

1/2 Cup Peanut butter (Either Smooth or Crunchy will work)
2 tbsp Golden Syrup or Sugar
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Banana - mashed
100 g Rolled oats
1/4 - 1/2 cup Chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven too 180 Celsius, line or grease a small baking tin ( I used a 9" inch by 9" inch)
Put your mashed banana, peanut butter, syrup and oil in a food processor.  Pulse till just combined.  You could also do this using a hand blender.

Fold in the Oats and Chocolate chips till fully combined.  Scrape into your baking tin and use a spoon to even the mix out.

Bake in your oven for approx 15 Min's.  Remove and let the flapjacks cool totally in the tin before cutting.


Having a food intolerance, can really bring out your creative side xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding