body

Scottish Mental Health Art and Film Festival

Scottish Mental health arts & film festival is on from the 1 - 24 October  The Theme is Walk in my shoes.
(www.mhfestival.com)

So I thought Id write a post allowing other's to take a short walk in my shoes.

Iv had a rough month due to taking on too much again.  Iv had to make the hard decision to give up volunteering with the Express Group. As I have the opportunity to increase my work experience, to twice a  week at SAMH Pantry. I'm going to miss the group but doing more work experience will let me get closer to my goal of returning to paid work.  I don't want to live on benefits all my life.

One of the hardest things for me to accept, is the limitations I now have due to my anxiety disorder.  It's made even harder as many people Iv encountered don't understand the physical effect it has on me.  Unless you have been through it yourself or supported some one through it. 

It's exhausting  mentally and physically......I can no longer go about my daily life with out using some form of anxiety management.   I try to space out tasks over the week as taking on to many in one day overwhelms me.  I fear going back to being that person again who was afraid to leave her house.  On the positive side my on going journey has led me to have a greater understanding of myself.

All that matters is that I know who I am and I like who I am xx

For more about  Generalised anxiety disorder or GAD check out the   NHS UK  web site.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding